At St. Mary’s we take pride in our school uniform. We ask all children to wear the school uniform as it promotes the sense of shared identity and community within the school.
We want children to take pride in their appearance so please encourage the children to come to school dressed smartly.
The school colours are navy blue and red. Sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, summer and winter hats and fleeces for outdoors are all available with the school logo from 'Initially Yours' located in Unit A4 Badminton Centre, Station Road, Yate, Bristol, BS37 5HT.
- Black or grey trousers/shorts/skirts/tights
- Red polo shirt
- Navy Blue sweatshirt/cardigan
- Black Shoes or entirely black trainers
- Red summer dress
- Waterproof coat (not available through school)
- Waterproof jacket and trouser set
- Wellies (not available through school)
- Navy/black non branded shorts/skort
- Navy/black non branded jogging bottoms or leggings
- Plain white T-shirt - preferably a polo shirt
- When outside, the children can wear their
- school jumper
- Trainers or daps
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- We ask that long hair is tied back.
- An excessive amount of gel should not be used
- Children should not have designs shaven into their hair.
- Hair accessories should be in line with the school colours. They should not be over sized or ostentatious.
Generally jewellery is neither safe nor appropriate for young children at school. We do therefore insist that these rules be followed:
- Only one pair of stud earrings may be worn – no hoops/sleepers please.
- No bracelets, chains, necklaces or rings should be worn
- Studs must be removed or covered during PE. Staff cannot assist in doing this.
Watches may be worn but please don’t let children bring expensive watches to school, particularly on PE and Swimming days, as the school cannot take responsibility if they are lost.