Our most recent inspection was carried out on Tuesday 20th March
As a Church of England school we are also inspected by Bristol Diocese using the framework for Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS).
This inspection occurs every five years and evaluates "How effective is the school's distinctive Christian vision established and promoted by leadership at all levels, in enabling pupils and adults to flourish".
The report celebrated much of our school’s vision, finding:
- Leadership, staff and pupils know and are inspired by the school's vision. The vision is both simple and profound and is lived out daily in the life of the school.
- Inspirational leadership results in staff being highly committed to the vision , the associated values and the care of pupils and one another. Consequently, the school, even in recent challenging times, is a cohesive, happy and flourishing community.
- A rich curriculum, driven by the vision and which includes religious education (RE), excites the staff and motivates pupils to learn deeply and to apply their learning to real world situations as "brave changemakers".
- Partnerships play a central role in the success of the school. The close relationship with their partner primary school is enriching for both pupils and staff. The partnership with the local church is of mutual benefit and it ensures that the practical outworking of the vision is emphasised.
- Staff and pupils highly value collective worship and RE as opportunities to reflect on the vision.
Click below to find out more: