Reception 2021 tours for parents
Due to COVID19, we have had to adapt our approach to parent tours this year. It's given us the opportunity to have a fresh look at how we organise these and how we can still enable parents to both gather information, but also get a feel for the school, which is so important in making the right choice for your children.
We'd like to invite you to two different elements of our tours for this year.
Part 1: Welcome to the school (online)
Join us for one of the three online events. Held on Zoom, we expect that these will last for around 30 minutes and you'll have the chance to meet Andy Spens (Executive Headteacher), Bethan Scriven (Head of School) and Natalie Lane (Deputy Headteacher and Early Years lead). They will introduce you to the school, share key information about the vision and values of the school and talk to you about school life at St Mary's.
These will take place on:
- Monday 5th October 2020 5pm
- Monday 5th October 2020 8pm
- Monday 2nd November 2020 8pm
Book a place:
Please click here to book a place at one of our virtual "Welcome to the School" events. After you have booked in, we will send you details on how to login and join us.
Part 2: Socially distanced tour of the Reception environment (in person)
We think that visiting the school is really important and whilst we won't be able to show you the entire school, we'd love to show you our newly refurbished Early Years environment where your child will begin their time time at St Mary's. In line with our school risk assessment and to keep everyone as safe as possible, tours will
- Be 30 minutes in length
- Be limited to one family at any one time, so that we can socially distance
- To minimise numbers, risk of touching surfaces etc., unfortunately no children will be able to attend
- Require adults to wear face covering (masks) throughout
- Parents will follow a one way system throughout
- Be held out of school hours
These tours will take place on:
- Monday 19th October 4-5pm
- Monday 9th November 4-5pm
- Monday 16th November 4-5pm
- Saturday 28th November 1-4pm
- Tuesday 24th November 4-5pm
- Tuesday 1st December 4-5pm
Book a place:
Please call the school office 01454 867155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place at a convenient time.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Mary's both virtually and in person! Please do speak to the school office with any queries you may have.